Listening To...

Excavated new CD albums today, which I'd though to feature on my music-blog, but also realized time is limited, and frankly no one out there is interested, except my desperate plea to share with likeminded folks with similar music tastes - LOL

TUNESTALKSG CD Albums 1


Also recognising I had been collecting "Best Of" music albums, instead of full albums in the past, very much like me choosing to collect single-issue comicbooks, and avoiding "trade paperbacks", because they were "different spirit(s)" than single issues!

But through the years and thought financial ability, I'd stopped collecting single issues, and more often than not, chase down TPBs instead, or even borrow them from public libraries (If I was curious to read, but not wanting to hoard.. eerrr I meant "keep"). Same could be said of "Best Of" music albums.

And one of the reasons why I started "full album listens" tin this blog, was to sate my curiosity about the album's entire tracks, and having the "luxury" to choose the tracks I liked, rather than just swallow the singles that were/are thrown into my face instead LOL

TUNESTALKSG CD Albums 2


That said, re-featuring the albums I already own, serves a slightly different intent(ion), as I'd like to share with folks with similar musical tastes, to enjoy together in the music.

In my younger days, one of the reasons for wanting my own space, was to be able to do "listening parties", where I'd invite a small group of friends over, to listen and share in dedicated music albums, and we could chat, eat, drink, or even do nothing but relax and listen to the songs, and that would be enough. I think I am a introvert at heart (or have become one), so minimal interactions such as this, would be enough to sate the soul, methinks.

I have not been listening to songs much these days, with only YouTube videos and compilation playlists to keep me company as I blog about my day, through the mono-speaker system on my laptop, wherever I am at the moment. I no longer use earphones/headphones too, as there were situations around me that needed attention as much as I allowed myself that personal space of sound, which used to envelope me, comfort me, excite me, inspire me, giving me my self-enclosed invisible "Me-Space".

But I do not miss my headphones as much as I miss a open space sound system. Honestly, I'd forgotten what that sounds like as well, with only echoes in my faded memory-scape, like perpetually waking up from a dream...

I look at these albums I found, and the thing that pops into my mind is; "I wish I could listen to them again."

Cheers,
Andy

P/S: The Analog-Me do not download songs nor listen to online platforms (Spotify etc), and have been resisting all these years muahahahahaha

Comments

Popular Posts