"Songs From The Last Century" by George Michael (Full Album Listen)

"Songs from the Last Century" is the 4th solo studio album by the late George Michael, released on 6 December 1999 by Aegean Records and Virgin Records. According to Wikipedia (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Songs_from_the_Last_Century), the album was "produced by Phil Ramone and George Michael, it was his only album of cover versions. It consists mainly of old jazz standards plus new interpretations of more recent popular songs, such as "Roxanne" by The Police and "Miss Sarajevo" by U2 (and Brian Eno with Luciano Pavarotti).



I adore jazz at the bottom of my soul (but none too knowledgable enough to ever talk about it), so when this album appeared in my life, it became an important aspect to my Soundtrack To Life, and cemented my appreciation of "re-interpretaton" of nostalgia, and breathing new exciting life to them...!

Scroll thru for a Full Album Listen (Audio Only), along with the songs original performers and cover versions!

TRACKLIST:
1. Brother Can You Spare A Dime
2. Roxanne
3. You've Changed
4. My Baby Just Cares For Me
5. The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
6. Miss Sarajevo
7. I Remember You
8. Secret Love
9. Wild Is The Wind
10. Where Or When


FULL ALBUM LISTEN BEGINS




ABOVE: Brother Can You Spare A Dime by George Michael
BELOW: Version by Bing Cosby






ABOVE: "Roxanne" by GM
BELOW: OG Version by The Police






ABOVE: "You've Changed" by GM
BELOW: Cover Version by Joni Mitchell






ABOVE: "My Baby Just Cares For Me" by GM
BELOW: Version by Eddie Cantor






ABOVE: "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" by GM
BELOW: Performed by Peggy Seeger






ABOVE: "Miss Sarajevo" by GM
BELOW: OG Version by U2






ABOVE: "I Remember You" by GM
BELOW: Version by Jimmy Dorsey (Bob Eberly, vocal)






ABOVE: "Secret Love" by GM
BELOW: OG Version by Doris Day






ABOVE: "Wild Is The Wind" by GM
BELOW: Version by Johnny Mathis






ABOVE: "Where or When" / "It's All Right with Me" by George Michael
BELOW: Version by Hal Kemp



FULL ALBUM LISTEN ENDS

Comments

Popular Posts