Full Album Listen for "1996" by Ryuichi Sakamoto Trio



"1996" is a music album by the late Japanese composer and pianist Ryuichi Sakamoto. The 1996-released album contains a selection of Sakamoto's most popular compositions, plus two new compositions, all arranged for a standard piano trio (Piano, Cello & Violin). Wiki) credits/lists Ryuichi Sakamoto on piano, Jaques Morelenbaum on cello, and on violin were a few folks credited:
Everton Nelson (tracks 1, 3 – 7, 9 – 12 & 14)
David Nadien (tracks 2 & 8)
Barry Finclair (tracks 13 & 15)



This was a concert I would glady and willingly go into, and embrace myself in free-flowing tears ... and I loved this album so much, I'd purchased TWO CDs (*at different times)! When I first listened to the album, I was on the beginning of my career in the local media industry, and was instrumental in pushing me further down my chosen path then ... and listening to it years later, at the edge of me leaving said media industry, left me smothered with memories and regrets - truly a Soundtrack To My Life/

TRACK LIST:
1. "A Day a Gorilla Gives a Banana" (ゴリラがバナナをくれる日 Gorira ga Banana wo Kureru Hi) Previously unreleased.
2. "Rain" (The Last Emperor OST)
3. "Bibo no Aozora" (美貌の青空, Beauty of a Blue Sky)
4. "The Last Emperor" (The Last Emperor OST)
5. "1919" (Previously unreleased)
6. "Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence" (Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence OST)
7. "M.A.Y. in The Backyard"
8. "The Sheltering Sky" (The Sheltering Sky OST)
9. "A Tribute to N.J.P."
10. "High Heels (Main Theme)" (High Heels OST)
11. "Aoneko no Torso" (青猫のトルソ, Torso of a Blue Cat)
12. "The Wuthering Heights" *Emily Brontë's Wuthering Heights OST)
13. "Parolibre"
14. "Acceptance (End Credit) -Little Buddha-" (Little Buddha OST)
15. "Before Long"
16. "Bring them home"





























The CD releases on the Milan label in the U.S. and Brazil have only tracks 1-12 (above). The Milan CD release in the UK has only tracks 1-15 (13-15 below).







Instead of the listed #16: "Bring them home", the following track "Self-Portrait" was listed on the YT-playlist (for the remastered 1996 album):



Listed #16 is "Bring them home" from his 1995 album "Smoochy", to which this is the track I'd found online (with no listing for the "1996" album):



BUY ON U.S.AMAZON:
https://thyoblivion.blogspot.com/2005/07/oblivion04.html indulge me my first proper (or at least closest to) a "narrative structure" piece (as it may ever will be), 2+1/2minutes of me wallowing in my sanctuary, to one of my fav tunnage from Ryuichi Sakamoto via his (unplugged) album 1996. shot on DV entirely in my broom. the set was the tripod.

Comments

Popular Posts