Full Album Listen for OK by Talvin Singh (1998)

WHO-IS: Talvin Singh OBE (born 1970) is an English musician, producer, and composer. A tabla player, he is known for creating an innovative fusion of Indian classical music and drum and bass. Singh is generally considered involved with an electronica subgenre called Asian Underground, and more recently as Indian and/or Asian electronica. After collaborating with Siouxsie and the Banshees and Björk in the early 1990s, Singh released his debut album Ok which received the Mercury Music Prize in 1999." (Wiki)



The "OK" I do own now is a bootleg, and I have no regrets. With the condition of the packaging, I reckon this was purchased circa 1998-99 in Vietnam, where I was there for a job. I remembered vaguely the set-up of the shop, which was floor to ceiling covered with CD album covers ... how I actually picked up this particular CD however, remains a "lost memory". More likely it was recommended by the shop owner (which I will be ever grateful for) when I mentioned my listens then - which would've included Thievery Corporation and it's fellow DnB soundscape.

In this post I will showcase a full album listen for, cheers.

Track Listing (via Wiki):
1. "Traveller" (11:18)
2. "Butterfly" (4:26)
3. "Sutrix" (5:55)
4. "Mombasstic" (5:45)
5. "Decca" (1:20)
6. "Eclipse" (5:50)
7. "OK" (4:19)
8. "Light" (6:23)
9. "Disser/Point.Mento.B" (2:43)
10. "Soni" (5:59)
11. "Vikram the Vampire" (6:47)
Japanese edition bonus track
12. "Wrist Flick"


BUY FROM U.S.AMAZON:


Additional musicians Talvin collaborated with:
John Klein (guitar)
Ryuichi Sakamoto (flute)
Rakesh Chaurasia (flute)
Guy Sigsworth (keyboards)
Suchitra Pillai (vocals)





























Comments

Popular Posts